Monday, September 19, 2005

WARNING: FOOD PICS AHEAD

I find myself cooking western food alot more coz it's easy. Fresh ingrediants, chop it up, bung them into the oven, looks great, tastes good. But What i really miss are the high difficulty, gastronomical delicacies of Laksa, Curry (Singaporean way, not the sweet tame North Indian stuff here), Lontong, Mee Soto, Char Kway Teow, Fried Carrot Cake, Chee Kueh, Prata, Murtabak, Hokkien Mee, Lor Mee, Braised eggs.... and much more.

The tons of spices required and hours of careful simmering scare me. My skillz aren't there yet. I screwed up a split pea and ham fritters yesterday. Plus it sucks that my stove is one of those hazard safe heating coils, no fire at all. Naked flames produce a heat and taste unlike the stupid coil.

Anyway, I made Lasagna. Mince beef, mushrooms, garlic, mezzorella, tomatoes, herbs.... baked into quite a heavenly delight i must say. Washed down with Ceaser salad(again), Port, and some after dinner Cadbury Chocolate Brandy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today's Vector graphics class was quite a rush. Three pictures, three hours, trace em all and color for bonus points. 15% of final subject grade. I made sure i did something for all three, but i didn't finish a single one. And the ones that I did do, weren't really good coz i was rushing them. Walked out of the class at the end, looking for some trees in the far distance to stare at. Was kinda buzzed for the next hour, stars bursting in my eyes.

"Portions for Foxes" -Bad News by Death Cab for Cutie
Axiom of the Week: Life can be like budgeting, you can break things down to little pieces to get a better grip on them.

I've been told i'm taking my personal matters too seriously. It's unforgiving for myself. I realize i am indeed extremely unforgiving to myself. hmmm, i'll see what i can do.

In Adaptation, Charlie Kaufman asks his twin brother Donald why he never felt hurt when Donald found out his high school love was mocking him. Donald replied that his love was precious and beautiful, and not even the spurning of his love interest could take that away from him. All that mattered was that he loved.

Too bad the mofo dies.

Menage et Trois. What are you going to do without being left out? And when is it over anyway? Sorry, someone brought this up haha...

Fragmented thought, no insights of brilliant writing sorry. Hihi Cassy Wassy! haha, nice to hear from u... Jason is lonely too, maybe you should go leave him a comment and make his day too heehee.... Ina, the person who said she wanted little pieces of sliced up penis... was it Edle? I bet it's Edle! hahaha... And Micheal Jackson, I think i'm a little too old for you, and keep that "Jesus Juice" away from me, unless it's wine of course.



added at 12.27am tues:

Can't sleep coz i foolishly fell asleep at five thirty and woke up at nine thirty at night. now cannot sleep, tomolo morning got class, how?!

Was drawing some stuff last week, when a bug flew on to my eye.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When Simon saw my new sheets, my lovely green leaves and vines, he said it was a total "sheets of desire". I asked him what he meant, he said it's the kinda sheets when chicks see, they ask you if you mind them lying in it, coz it looks so inviting. Well, it'd be nicer to hear this from a lady Simon, not you hahaha. Fooled around with my camera when i was drunk yesterday haha...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous sang...

Nolah...i don't want no sliced up penis. it was this minah that I met who said it.

How are you? How i wish I was there with you. You can cook for me. Haha.

And I can't stand it at home anymore. My mother is driving me nuuuuts.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Tralagal sang...

Awww did i make your day? wahah. Well I actually did drop jayjayriley a note!

On a separate note, hey, see if they sell Prima Deli mixes in your Asian supermarket--cos they have mixes for everythinggg.. I brought back (cos they don't sell here) Laksa, Mee Siam, Chicken Curry.. everything! (:

Damn shiok for those i-miss-singapore moments. *stands patriotically with Singapore flag boldly flying behind*

11:44 PM  
Blogger astralrae sang...

dammit. the food looks good.!
and thank u for calling!!! really made my night/day. hahaha
thank you!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Cherie sang...

hmm.. the food looks gd and the last pic of u looks cute.. lolx.. =X

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous sang...

next time il bring simon and you along when i need to get new sheets. i want some sheets of desire too!

11:03 PM  
Blogger astralrae sang...

u knoe, the bug looks kinda cute.. grin

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous sang...

portions for foxes is by Rilo Kiley, yo.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous sang...

ooo chk out all the girls comments! looks like the sheets of desire HAS worked already. hey girls. do you wonder if theres a smell that comes along with the sheets of desire? yes la the food is gd, but it wld be good if next time u can brg to sch and share?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Sid sang...

ina: why is ur mum driving u nuts? I don't make lovely meals all the time u know, only when i feel energetic and bored and lonely. I suspect i won't be bored and lonely. Maybe the foodwill taste better...

cassy wassy: Yes you did. Can't find Prima Deli stuff here too... but they got a whole range of other brand sauces... i tried the lee kum kee stuff, not nice leh. Made Ma Po Tofu and the sichuan sauce with them. Tons of stuff here call themselves "Singapore flavour", it's damn wierd and tastes bad.
*stands foolishly with singapore flag sagging pathetically behind.

Ser: Dark chocolate chunks in marshmallows! Someday i'll be twenty three too...

xiao ben dan: that 'cute' pic of me is actually me when i'm drunk. That was a sloshed face, not an acting cute face. haha...

beebee: I think your bed looks gorgeous enough. If you add sheets of desire on them i'm afraid you might have to bat away everyone who visits from jumping into your bed...

ser again: the bug got on my eye. that's why you the arteries forking out on the eye white.

mrs jack sparrow: i haven't heard that version. there's a death cab for cutie song wih the phrase in the song but that isn't the title.

beebeebee: i'm not complaining the female monopoly of my comment clientele. damn the sheets of desire is effective. The smell is a mix of my perfume and my pheromones. it's too cold here for me to sweat, and i haven't exactly been getting into any sweaty situations in my bed, so it shouldn't be bad. Bringing the food to school means it get packed and microwaved, not nice. come my house and eat better. then you can roll in th sheets of desire if you wish also. hahaha

10:44 AM  
Blogger Sid sang...

oops the song is called "Bad News" but it's not by Death cab, still finding the artist. female singer.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous sang...

eat in sounds good. but rolling in your sheets? i tell you, next mo, u only see the ti lam and im no where to be found! yeahs well i have to agree la, who would be able to resist my sheridan's!!!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous sang...

sidney ure such an ass. HERE. www.rilokiley.com

the song is by rilo kiley.
it is called portions for foxes.

jesus.

pls tell me ure doing this on purpose right.

- who else could mrs jack sparrow be?

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home