Saturday, November 08, 2003

I just read Bang's journal. I love his writing. Though it may largely be unhappy, the undeniable sharpness of wit makes reading a very engaging, amusing experiance. The dry wit makes a sort of... how would one put it? I don't know, i feel alive reading things that show so much observation, insight and reflections by the author.

I'd like to write like that. Write like the wayt i admire. Like Douglas Adams, like Ong Xibin. I guess i'm too simple minded to produce it myself, but i sure know good stuff when i see it.

Somehow i found this quote i read the other day quite edifying. "Intelligence is a myth; Competence is real." Well, i still want to be smart, but i'll remember to do something about it.




FIELD CAMP SUCKED. Army stories, come hear from me if you see me ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home