Sunday, August 03, 2003

bad bio clock. palindromes. catharsis.

I sleep at 7am, escaping the cleansing solaris and waking at dusk, 4 to 6-ish. It got here by way of all-night parties, club/pub indulgences, suppers with long conversations, reading Dragonlance books and Warcraft/RollerCoasterTycoon games.

I have about 18 days to get it into whack by enlistment. Army life: 10pm lights out, 5am roused to prepare for morning exercises.

Tasslehoff Burrfoot, kender of renown from the world of Krynn in Dragonlance, says sleep is a waste of time. You can't do anything while asleep. While it provided rest, fatigue should be done away as well in the first place. The only advantage from sleep were dreams, but one tended to wake to a horrible realization it was only a dream during the most exciting parts (like when a dragon almost catches you with its jaws or an ogre intending to smash your skull open with it's club grabs you by the collar), and therefore renders dreams not an advantage.


Palindromes are words that can be read backwords letter by letter and make the same sentence. A simple one is "Race Car". Another one is "a Toyota". Kristal brought my attention to these a week ago, i've been captivated since. While i've encountered them before, i never knew the names or where to find them. go to www.palindromes.org. My favourite ones are {Senile Felines} and {"Naomi, sex at noon taxes!" I moan}.


I need a catharsis. I'm not feeling enriched by these last days of citizenship before becoming a military serviceman as my nation dictates. I've tried revelry, but i just feel hollow after the mental mists of drink is burned up in my blood. I've tried learning, by means of reading, surfing, discovering new knowledge. That should be enriching right? I still am not quenched, i long for meaning, companionship, meaningful joy. Maybe it's because my break up? These last days are falling through my fingers, and i can't stem the ceaseless flow, for time to give me the catharsis i need. I miss certain friends, i long to meet them but i don't think i'm welcome, and they don't feel the same way about me. My continueing closeness to Tara pains me and comforts me still. I think creation is my catharsis, the exercise of creativity. But i've been feeling drained of late. I've lost my drawing mojo for the last month plus, Underneath#2 doesn't look to have enough time to birth before i go into army, i guess all i'm trying to do is improve my writing on my blog... except you need interesting events/conversations/insights to write about, and i haven't any really.



Best wishes for Taco the Cat and his loving queen-mother krissy!



later at 7.18am
a dream a few days back, just writing it down so as to not forget. Jason, Serene and I are standing on the roof of a house with a sunroof, and we were in an even bigger house that covered everything. Jason had big white feathery wings and i had black leathery wings but i don't think i was evil. I glided down the roof to the garden (all of which was in this huge house) and picked up an acorn. I flew back up and spied throgh the sun roof into the smaller house with Jason and Serene. There was a Christmas tree, all decorated, and the Last Transmission band members were gathered there. John Soloman, Guru, Ena, and Kenneth. I was trying to teach Serene how to accurately pitch the acorn onto John Soloman's head. She was learning intently.

I woke up before anything exciting happened though. I love how dreams can be so wierd. What can i read from this i wonder?

afterthought: I think the leathery wings are cooler. I think jason's wings suited him, he is after all a very hairy person. the feathery wings would shed feathers here and there haha. oh it wasn't an acorn, it was a huge pine cone. The size of my fist, but light, dried out and hollow. wouldn't hurt anyone really. i'd always saw it as a pine cone, but don't know why i typed acorn. hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home