Sunday, June 01, 2003

My Cherry is Popped
Friday Night's party was the first time I've planned, prepared and sorta hosted my own party (ok it wasn't entirely my own, but I tried to prepare everything as if it was). The next day, aching, tired, bleary eyed, hungover, hot, waiting for the bus on the way home from the party, Jason declared," Hmm, I'd say the party was a success." I felt pretty good despite how i described i was feeling in the last sentence.

The guest list estimate was originally 110 people. Double confirming and checking, 80 people promised that they would definately surely sky fall down be there. Only 34 turned up, but thankfully it was just right, the food was just enough (it was pretty much finished the next day), enough drinks, everyone had someone to talk to, noone was bored... except maybe Phoebe who always says that after a few drinks.

Eating, swimming, reminiscing, chit-chatting, drinking, music. I really enjoyed the night, and i hope my friends did too. Thanks to Bang for the 1982 Champagne, Lionel for Bacardi, Kentie Veron PB Charm Edwin U-gin for beer (and the stout which I think is not bad, but very gassy. Taste's ok, i enjoyed it thanks!), Bang for Absolut Vodka, Chinwei and Phin and Jon for the Martell and red wine. Super huge thanks for Tara for helping so much by letting me cook the buffet food all at her house, he mum and jenifer helping out. If it weren't for her, I couldn't have done it. Thank you so so much Tara! and i love the dice magic trick gift!

Zom was sadly missed, hope he's feeling much better now from the appendix, Kenny was missed, my condolences (his grandma passed away), Cassandra was missed, we'd have so much to talk about, all of us could hear about how your life has been, Isabelle was missed, she was promised to help prepare the food with us, she gave great advice about the buffet, but on the day itself she was warded for food poisoning, get well soon belle!

Phew. My birthday is coming up. I hated almost every single birthday i've had, I was crying since the start (hur hur). But since last year, I've started to not hate my birthday anymore... thanks to Tara and many friends. Twenty is no longer a Teen, but I still feel like one. Maybe I can tell people I'm Twenteen, y'know Eighteen Nineteen Twenteen? Yeah I'm Twenteen.

Twenteen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home