Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mothers Birthday Granma!

Went over to my first Granma's today with Mum and Dad. Ah-Ma is 75 this year, and never knew her exact birthday. So every year, her kids (my dad and my aunts/uncles) celebrate her birthday on Mothers Day. Like today!

We reached her place with a cake and some kuey. My 4th Uncle and his family was out, they live with Ah-Ma... We sat down, had coffee and the kuey, sat and laughed with Ah-Ma. Dad told me about the street outside, between Teck Why and Bukit Panjang, how he'd court Mum.

Hahahha... My Dad was going to his commissioning parade, and he was told he had to bring a date. And officers who didn't have a date were laughed at (not much diff today). So he cycled up and down Bukit Panjang rd in hope to see my Mum.

Now Mummy was a man-eating tomboy. If they didn't run from the "icicle shoulders" approach, she'd do the "burning fists of fury" stance. But Dad employed the "eyes of puppy dog" assault and did the "whimpers of desperation" attack, begging her to be his date. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So cute in a 1971 way. Anyway 4th Uncle came back, we cut the cake, and we made to go home, we'd been there 3hrs already it was dinner time. The my littlest cousin asked 4th Uncle, "Daddy, why they come, cut cake, and straight away go already?"

4th Uncle replied, "Sonny, they'd been here 3 hrs already! We're the late ones!" And my little cousin was so amazed, "But they were only here for awhile! I saw it!"

Hahahahha. Kids. so cute when acting like morons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home