Monday, March 21, 2005

Haha, stipud 2 frame gif of our gig in feb.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This weekend seemed very long. It's rare. Normally it lasts so fleetingly amidst my debauchery and hedonistic escapes. But tonight i feel so joyfully full and sated.

Friday night:
John came over to wash up before goin to Bens party. He showed me his Ex's blog page, Esther. OMG She's hot! Not bimbo model FHM hot, but the artsy, angsty, punkrock hot. The adorable but goth, dimple cute but tattoo fierce, honest writer with wit here and there. Hot hot hot.

BBQ at Ben's. With John and TJin. And two dozen people we didn't know. But we had our good friends Carl and Stella, they made us happy. One of the two girls that stayed late was so deadpan. Dry wit smart. Very nice. Then late nite at Tjinn's house with smirnoff green tea and acoustic jamming.

Saturday:
Stayed over at John's. John was webcamming with Kris in the morning, said hi, wore john's specs coz i threw my contacts away before i slept. We got same degrees! He should change his lenses, it's been in the army, now it's as if it's been wiped with steel wool.

Got home, got clean, got changed. Got my ass down to Suntec to meet (guess who) John and Tjin again. Cedric came too. Checked out the Aussie Uni Fair, my second visit to such places. UNSW provided a wonderful express entry for ppl of my poly and diploma. Bachelors or Arts in Digital Design. No application fees, advanced standing, and not even need for me to send my portfolio. July 2005 semester, here i come. Disrupt army, fuck Canada (not replied my application yet). Tara, I'm coming!

Cedric and Tjinn went jamming with Meza Virs, John and I met up with Ben and Rudy and his friends to go to RNDM. An eclectic gig at MoX, opposite Maxwell. From Tanjong Pagar onwards, to dinner at Maxwell Market, and to the gig itself, we were gushing over this girl in green. John knew here apparantly, she's his someone's someone, i can't remember. She's really sweet though. It'll only be a shallow appraisal i know, i don't know her. But she's got nice hair, eyes, mole, and rock sensibilities. I'm a sucker for rock chicks.

The gig was amazing. Went in at the end of Astreal, Ginette's black top and blue flying V bass were beautiful accesories to their beautiful music. Tiramisu's RHCP influenced rock and his absolutly superb showmanship was great. After 4 shots of vodka and a jug of vodka redbull, John and I were really rocking out. Ben left. John and I started taking long breaks at the balcony toilet.

The place was beautiful, it was a landing from the spiral staircase you get behind shophouses. The veranda overlooked a lush wooden courtyard, the cubicles opened to the sight. Inebriated, we were laughing and chatting.

Hot rock chick in green shirt came with (surprise!) Alison aka Anu and a boyish girl. We said hi to Alison, and found out in their chat hot rock chick in green shirt was named Melody and the boyish girl was her sis Crystal. Alison and Crystal got into two cubicles, and Melody stood waiting under bladder stress. Excited by her proximity, and unrestrained because of the alcohol, i actually spoke to her.

I said there was more cubicles round the corner of the balcony where she would find relief. She declined uncertainly and i grabbed her hand and pulled her round the corner. She exclaimed that the cubicles were indeed cleaner and smiled, much to my pleasure. "Are you gay?" she piped. Now what about me rose doubt of my heterosexuality? Was it the yellow shirt with flowers on it? Or my cross gender if not inebriated friendliness? Maybe it was the long animated chat i was having with John they observed. I was taken aback. I said no. In restrospect, that's 20/20 of course, i should've came up with a wittier answer. Like, even if at the risk of sounding corny, something like "yes, i'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body." or something. Anything smarter than a dumb "no". Idiot!

She closed the door and i stammered a "thank you! eh wait, your welcome!" And that was the last of the words passing between us that evening. Idiot! hahaha oh well.

John and I went back to the gig, My Squared Circle rocked our socks off. With another jug of vodka redbull, MSC was a Mars Volta reinterpreted. Amazing. So different from the straight ahead punk days i last saw them 4 years ago. Inspiring. At the end of their set we couldn't stop jumping off our asses to go to our jam room at Amoy and jam straight away, which was just what we did.

Meza Virs were in the middle of their heavy post-rock metal session. We grabbed our gear, went next door and belted out. Then when Meza Virs was done at about 1 AM we took Tjinn and played our Last Transmission stuff. Home at 3 with much energy spent, intoxication and life running in my veins. Great night.

Sunday:
Jamming in the afternoon at Amoy with John, Tjin, Ina, and Ben. Ina's beautiful voice showed itself again after many sessions we had without her, it was lovely. After Tjinn, Ben and Ina left, John, Nul and I played a total I Am David Sparkle set. Nul played the keyboards while john and i explored the soundscapes with out effects. My pounding drum machine at the slow beat of 52 bpm kept everything together. The electronica, ambient and ebbing sounds were such a change and fun to play.

Evening was with Ina, Tjin, John and Jeremy at Alley Bar. 2 jugs of beer and a round of Kama Sutra. That is 5 vodka shots, each mixed with a different liquer. As in midori melon and stuff. Sweet, very nice. We talked about our feelings of Ben wanting to join the Ben. I feel really bad for being quite mean to him. He really got on my nerves. I'm not alone though. John has to break the news to Ben, i feel really bad.

Tara called. Her voice is joy.

I'm home now, first proper blog in a long time, an entry that says what i've been doing. It's been a lovely weekend. Back to the agony of army later, sigh. Looking forward to wednesday's movie/jamming with Inah and John and Tjin. I am full and sated tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger astralrae sang...

haha u sound like u had great fun!! i'm glad! ;)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home